UTILE is pleased to announce the UTILE Industry & Investor Partnering Summit London, where selected UTILE projects will have the opportunity to present to an audience and jury of Industry, Investors and innovation experts while also receiving expert guidance on:
- Intellectual Property strategies for research result valorization
- Partnering and collaborating with industry partners
- Raising Venture Capital for start-up and growth companies
The morning will feature workshops with presentations and interactive discussions on these topics, as well as networking to connect European funded health innovation projects and SMEs with experts from industry, venture capital, intellectual property, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Confirmed expert speakers include:
- Mark Wilson, Managing Director, Strategic Technology Bioconsulting. Mark is a professional with an extensive track record in industry business development, finance, in and out-licensing, and start-up development.
- Paul Tully, Partner, McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP. Paul is a PhD chemist and Partner and Firm Co-Chair at leading US IP firm MBHB LLP, based in Chicago and with a regular presence in London to support European clients.
- James Baillieu, Corporate Partner, Bird & Bird. James is a corporate partner based in London and advising clients ranging from start-ups to multinationals, investment banks and private equity funds – on M&A, IPO’s, securities offerings, private equity and venture capital investments.
Furthermore, leading experts from technology transfer, industry, venture capital, and other innovation experts, coaches and mentors will be present as experts and members of the jury.
The afternoon will feature presentations of UTILE selected project managers and start-up CEOs to a panel of experts from industry, venture capital, IP and innovation who provide feedback to presenters.
In addition to access to the morning expert workshops and mentoring, SME’s and projects selected to present will have the opportunity to present their company or project to an audience of potential investors, industry partners, experts, advisors and coaches and to receive feedback as well as building contacts needed to commercialize their research results.
The format of the event is designed to maximise opportunities for interaction, network and business development with potential partners, investors and collaborators and leading business coaches and mentors.
The Summit takes place in The Studio at White City Place – a convenient London location just 12 minutes by Tube from the Heathrow Express at Paddington, and just 25 minutes by Tube from either the Gatwick Express at London Victoria or the Eurostar station at St. Pancras.
Attendance is free of charge however advance registration is required. SMEs and projects invited by UTILE may request an Access Code for a Free Registration by writing to email@example.com. 3. If you wish to present your SME or project which has been supported at some point by FP7 or Horizon 2020 health research grants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to secure a spot while places remain.
Click Here to Register (insert URL link to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/utile-partnering-summit-london-registration-63154755574
A UTILE Health Event – The UTILE project is supported by the European Commission.
Organised by TTS Global Initiative and MedCity
- Mitsui & Co
- MBHB LLP
- Bird & Bird
Read the press release here.